There are so many exercises and stretches that will help you increase height and get taller. You don't have to practice each one of them. All you have to do is learn which ones are the easiest, fastest, and most effective. It will help you continue the exercise regularly without taking a toll on your health. These simple exercises are good enough to help you realize your height increasing goals.
Will These Exercise Help Increase Height After 18?
Definitely! All the exercises mentioned here are easy carefully chosen by medical experts and health instructors to help you increase your height even after you turn 18. These tips and strategies will help you get the most out of your exercise session and hopefully, you will be able to see results quickly. Be confident in what you are doing and be consistent. Try to be focused and determined on your goals. Also, don't give up unless you start to see an increase in your height. Getting taller isn't easy after you turn 18. But following a strict diet and regular exercise you can increase height fast after 18.
Here we will try to gain a permanent increase in height and not just remove the decompressions on the vertebrae caused by gravity like we previously discussed before. Getting back your compressed height is temporary. By decompressing you will see an increase in your height but eventually most of the time you will revert back to your original height. For a permanent increase in height, you need to go through the whole process of diets and exercises. Improving your posture and avoiding foods and habits that affect your growth will help you get taller.
Preparation Before You Start Your Height Increasing Exercise
All the exercises mentioned here will stimulate overall growth and height gain, function to structurally lengthen the spinal column, improve posture, and straighten any excessive curvature of the spine. These exercises will not only make you taller and increase height but also have great health benefits. Performing these exercises regularly will give you stronger back and abdominal muscles, increased flexibility, and the alleviation and prevention of lower back pain.
These exercises are very safe, effective, and easy to do by people of all ages and fitness levels. The exercises require no special equipment or apparatus and can be done in the privacy of your own home. You don't have to practice every specific exercise and stretches mentioned in here every day. Rather make a routine that suits you well and follow the exercises that are easy for you and shuffle between the exercises every day.
Here are a few key things you need to keep in mind before exercising:
1. Try to wear loose clothes. It will help you move freely.
2. Perform stretching exercises bare-footed.
3. Empty your bladder and bowel before you begin.
4. Do warm-up before exercising.
5. Perform the stretching exercises slowly and smoothly in a controlled manner.
6. Stretch to a point and hold for 30-seconds.
7. Do not overdo any exercise. Take rest if needed.
8. Do not strain yourself beyond the point where you feel pain.
9. Relax while stretching. Only a relaxed muscle will allow itself to be stretched.
10. Try to breathe naturally and smoothly.
Proper breathing is very essential when you are exercising. Your body and brain should get enough oxygen it needs. Proper breathing help prevents illness like colds, coughing, bronchitis, tuberculosis, etc. It makes you feel well by getting rid the impurities like carbon monoxide, lactic acid, etc from your lungs. Also, proper breathing increases your energy level. Furthermore, it calms your nerve and helps you sleep better at night. To increase your height, it is important that your blood is oxygenated as blood provides nourishment to your bones. Regular breathing will also purify your blood.
How to Breathe Properly While Exercising to Increase Height
There are three phases to breathing:
1. Inhaling – take in air into your body through the nose
2. Retaining – hold your breath inside your body
3. Exhaling – blow out air from your body through the mouth
Perform your exercises in a well-ventilated room so that you will fill your lungs with unpolluted air. For each exercise, breathe deeply. The chart below illustrates the amount of time you could apply to each stage of breathing
Stretching To Increase Height & Grow Tall
Stretching is very important before you start exercising. It helps you with your muscle cramp. Practice all kinds of stretching, including Yoga, Pilates or just simply trying to reach your feet while standing
Stretching In Bed
Try the following stretching exercises daily in bed after you wake up and before you go to bed.
1. Leg Stretch
Steps to follow
- Lie on your back, stretch out your right leg (and then left leg once completed).
- Count to five. – Imagine you are pushing a box with the flat of your foot.
- Repeat the same exercise but on your stomach.
2. Hip Stretch
Steps to follow
- Lie on your back and bring your knees to your chest, pulling them with your hands.
- At the same time, exhale through the mouth and tighten your stomach muscles.
- Inhale through the nose as you return your feet to the mattress.
- Variation (the rocker): Bring your knees to your chest with your hands and rock yourself.
Half Moon Stretch
The rounded bench has proven to be a great apparatus for growth. By using this bench, you will expand your thoracic cage. It will develop your shoulders and make your spinal column more supple.
Yoga & Pilates Exercise To Increase Height
There are a lot of yoga & pilates exercise and each one of them is very helpful. Here we will be focusing on basic, posture exercises and hip, lower/upper back stretches. Breathing is a very important part of yoga. So we will focus a little more on breathing while performing these yoga and pilates exercises. a. These exercises will get your spine right, by aligning your spine correctly and prepare it for elongation. Eventually, you will start to see an increase in your height.
1. Sit / Easy Position – Sukhasana
The Sukhasana focuses on mental awareness and deep breathing. This helps you elongate your vertebrae and makes your spinal disks stronger.
Steps to follow:
- Sit cross-legged with hands on knees.
- Focus on your breath.
- Keep your spine straight and push the sit bones down to the floor.
- Allow the knees to gently lower.
- If the knees rise above your hips, sit on a cushion as it will help support your back and hips.
- Take 5 – 10 slow, deep breaths.
- On the next inhale, raise your arms over your head.
- Exhale and bring your arms down slowly. – Repeat 5-7 times.
2. Dog and Cow
This yoga position is really helpful in increasing your spine's flexibility. These are two poses, one following the other
Steps to follow:
- Begin on your hands and knees.
- Keep your hands just in front of your shoulders, your legs about hip-width apart.
- As you inhale, tilt the tailbone and pelvis up, and let the spine curve down, dropping the stomach low, and lift your head up.
- Stretch gently. – As you exhale, move into the cat position by reversing the spinal bend, tilting the pelvis down, drawing the spine up, and pulling the chest and stomach in.
- Repeat several times, flowing smoothly from the dog position into the cat, and get back into the dog position again
Head to Knee – Janu Shirshasana
This exercise stretches and opens your back and hamstrings, thus improving flexibility.
Steps to follow:
- Sit on the floor with legs extended in front of you.
- Bend one leg, bringing the heel of the foot as close to the groin as possible.
- You may want to place a pillow under the bent knee for comfort.
- Make sure your buttocks are firmly grounded on the floor and that your spine is straight.
- Turn your body slightly so you face out over the extended leg.
- Inhale and raise your arms overhead.
- Exhale and begin to move forward slowly. Try to keep the back as straight as possible.
- Instead of bending at the hips, focus on lifting the tailbone and rolling forward on your buttocks.
- Inhale and lengthen the spine. – Exhale and roll forward, however slightly. – To get a bit more forward movement, engage your quadriceps (thigh muscles) as you move forward. This releases the hamstrings, giving you a bit more flexibility.
- When you've moved as far forward as you can, lower the arms and grasp your foot, or leg. – Hold the position for a moment and breathe.
- On the next exhale gently pull yourself forward.
- Go slowly and remember to keep the back straight.
- When done, straighten up and do the other side.
The Cobra – Bhujangasana
This exercise stretches the spine, strengthens the back and arms, opens the chest and heart. It not only helps you get taller and increase your height but also improves your breathing.
Steps to follow:
- Lay down on your stomach. Keep your legs together, arms at your side, close to your body, with your hands by your chest.
- Inhaling, slowly raise your head and chest as high as it will go.
- Keep your buttock muscles tight to protect your lower back.
- Keep your head up and chest and heart out.
- Breathe several times and then come down.
- Repeat as necessary
There is another step to this exercise
- When you've gone as high as you can, gently raise yourself on your arms, stretching the spine even more.
- Go as far as you are comfortable.
- Your pelvis should always remain on the floor.
- Breathe several times and come down.